Ancient Egypt and Archaeology Web Site

Picture 144 Metropolitan NY Nov-2005 0778

Painted limestone statue of Tuthmosis III (Men-Kheper-Ra, ruled c.1479 - 1425 BC, 18th Dynasty) from the temple of Mentuhotep II at Deir el Bahri excavated by the Edouard Naville of the Egypt Exploration Fund. The face was removed in antiquity but was recovered and is now in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo.


Contact & Feedback : Egyptology and Archaeology through Images : Page last updated on 27-February-2020